question

Sam avatar image
Sam asked

Ads are being shown in test mode but not otherwise.

When i disable testing and debugging: // For debugging purposes enable logging, but disable for production builds AdRegistration.enableLogging(false); // For debugging purposes flag all ad requests as tests, but set to false for production builds AdRegistration.enableTesting(false); ads don't show up. When i set both of them to true ads start appearing again. What is wrong here.
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sam, In testing mode you are filled with the ad request for the sake of development. So we fill all test ad request 100% for the test app id. If you disable the test mode, you might not be filled with the request since it's dependent on couple of things. Like, 1. The Amazon Mobile Ad Network serves ads only to U.S. users. U.S. users are registered US customers (regardless of where the ad request originates) or users whose ad request originates from the United States based on their IP address. 2. Also, the time you are making the request, Ad should be available for filling. Please check the logcat, there must be an entry saying the reason for not being able to show the ad. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sam avatar image
Sam answered
"The Amazon Mobile Ad Network serves ads only to U.S. users. U.S. users are registered US customers " Does this mean that users need to have an amazon.com account? I am from India. Is this the reason that ads are not being displayed to me? Can i be sure ads are being displayed to U.S. users, if they are displayed to me in test mode? Thank you.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sam, I am checking with concerned team. I will get back to you shortly. Thanks.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Sam, Ad requests originating from India will typically not have ads, unless running in test mode. If you see an ad in test mode, then yes you'll get ads in non-test mode, when run in the US marketplace.
10 |5000