question

Peter avatar image
Peter asked

Auto sized ads have annoying white background/side fill: how to make black?

I am using amazon ads for a while, but always used my own code to decided which ad size it would need. I am now testing the auto size function, but while it works ok, it also has a annoying bug or 'feature': unused space becomes white. So now I have a ad with white borders around it, while the rest of my app has a black background. This makes the auto size unusuable. Can I change this background? If not, why is there a background at all? What I see is: || my apps black || some white || the amazon ad || some white || the rest of my app black || some of my buttons ||
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter avatar image
Peter answered
Turns out this is also happening on non-autosized ads in the recent SDK. Is this a bug?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi. I tried out a test app with a black background and was unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Can you please verify your layout code and ensure that you are following Auto Ad size guide line mentioned here? https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/android/docs/concepts#Ad%20Sizes
10 |5000