question

RBTCD avatar image
RBTCD asked

China

Has anyone had any experience of Amazon Ads in China? I've been trying our apps with the GPS spoofed to be in China, and it's still showing me UK ads. I'm assuming therefore, that the ad network uses the IP address to determine general location and is ignoring the GPS data? AdMob on the other hand, responds to the GPS data and shows Chinese ads. If there is zero fill in mainland China, I want to be sure Amazon responds with no fill rather than showing English language ads, so that it falls back to a network that can fill ads in China / Chinese. With AdMob you have to specifically retrieve and send the location data to the Ad SDK, but Amazon seems to just use it if you have the permissions set. Correct me if I'm wrong there. I'd be grateful for any feedback or experience others have had. Luke
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

RBTCD avatar image
RBTCD answered
I've had a reply back from Amazon on this, and it is as thought, based on where the user originates from or their IP address, not their geolocation: [i] [b]Why am I seeing impressions when I select a non-US geolocation?[/b] A: The Amazon Mobile Ad Network serves ads only to users in U.S., U.K., Germany, France, Spain and Italy. These users are registered customers (regardless of where the ad request originates) in these countries or users whose ad request originates from these countries based on their IP address. [/i]
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.