question

neil_s avatar image
neil_s asked

DISABLED_APP error when attempting to display an ad

HI, I am trying to get an Ad to display in a simple application but the Ad does not appear. With logging turned on I get the following LogCat output: 03-12 15:52:32.090: D/AmazonMobileAds AdLoader(11981): Exception caught while loading ad: java.lang.Exception: AAX did not return an ad 03-12 15:52:32.090: D/AmazonMobileAds AdBridge(11981): adFailed 03-12 15:52:32.090: D/AmazonMobileAds AdBridge(11981): Default ad listener called - Ad Failed to Load. Error code: INTERNAL_ERROR, Error Message: Server Message: DISABLED_APP I believe I have followed the quick start steps. I have: 1. Added the jar file to the project 2. Modified the Manifest file so that it reads as follows: 3. Implemented the following code in the onCreate() method (where is replaced by the key for my app cut and pasted from the distribution portal): AdLayout adView; @Override protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) { super.onCreate(savedInstanceState); setContentView(R.layout.activity_ad_example); AdRegistration.setAppKey(getApplicationContext(), " "); this.adView = new AdLayout(this, AdLayout.AdSize.AD_SIZE_320x50); LinearLayout layout = (LinearLayout) findViewById(R.id.LinearLayout1); // Set the correct width and height of the ad. LinearLayout.LayoutParams lp = new LinearLayout.LayoutParams( LinearLayout.LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT, LinearLayout.LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT); layout.addView(this.adView,lp); AdRegistration.enableTesting(this, true); AdRegistration.enableLogging(this, true); AdTargetingOptions adOptions = new AdTargetingOptions(); this.adView.loadAd(adOptions); } I get the same error on both an emulator and a physical Kindle Fire HD 8.9" device. I know I must have missed something but I just cannot see what it is. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Neil
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

neil_s avatar image
neil_s answered
After getting the DISABLED_APP error yesterday it is working just fine today. I think maybe I needed to wait a little while for the tax and banking information to be processed before the ads starting working.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi Nell, Glad to know that issue is resolved.
10 |5000

Oren Bengigi avatar image
Oren Bengigi answered
Hi, I have the same error, what can I do? I've already waited half a day, how much longer should I wait?
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Oren, Thank you for your post. We understand your concern and we have forwarded it to the right team. We will get back to you once we have an update.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Oren, What's your application id or version id? You can find it in the app settings in App Distribution Portal.
10 |5000

kumilabs avatar image
kumilabs answered
Our app ID is "cf79f979edc64535ae2626f29a21e9ee" it is also not serving ads error is "DISABLED_APP" and waited for more than a day error is "Ad failed to load. Code: NO_FILL, Message: Server Message: DISABLED_APP. Try again in 30 seconds"
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kumilabs, I think the issue is resolved for your account. You should be able to get filled by Ads served by Amazon Ads server. Please check. Thanks.
10 |5000

kdjstudios avatar image
kdjstudios answered
I as well am receiving this error.. Everything works fine in testing and logging mode, but once I try to make a build for publishing I get the disabled_app error. Was really hoping this wouldn't take more then a day to publish(Google gets it published in under a day usually) so far i have been struggling for a week now.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Kdjstudios, The issue with your app is not similar like other devs reported here. You received the error because you did not provide your tax identity information. Please assist us by providing your taxpayer identification information in for your account. This will fix "DISABLED_APP" issue in your app. Thanks.
10 |5000

kdjstudios avatar image
kdjstudios answered
Thank you so much! So glad I found this forums website! About how long after I update that should i wait to receive ads on the app? Message was edited by: Kyle Johnson kdjstudios
10 |5000