question

Jean avatar image
Jean asked

NO_FILL issue when installing app from Google Play

Hello, I created an App, which I submitted both on Amazon Store and on Google Play. When I install it from the Amazon Store, it usually displays the ads correctly, with no issue. But when installed from Google Play, the ads won't appear on any device. I always get the following: [b]NO_FILL, Server Message: no results. Try again in 10 seconds[/b] When I install and debug my app from Android Studio, there is no issue, and I'm able to get the test ads each time. When I install it from Amazon, everything is ok with the real ads (EnableTesting set to false). It's working either with a 3G or a wifi internet connection But the issue appears if I set EnableTesting to false, and release my app on Google Play, I cannot get the ads to load. I'm using amazon-ads-5.5.102, and I also setup my project to use 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:7.0.0' My IP is 176.190.58.180 and I'm located in France Thanks for your help Jean Message was edited by: Jean
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
If an app can receive test ads (testing instructions found here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/docs/testing-your-app#Testing) but receives a "NO_FILL" error upon trying to load non test ads, there is most likely no issue. It is probable that the app is encountering a scenario where it is having a hard time getting fill. There are many factors that can contribute to a bad fill rate, including the following non integration related factors: - The device could be in a country that does not receive many ads. - The app has not yet received a device identifier (a.k.a. “ad-id”) from Amazon's server due to this being the first time the app requested an ad. - The user may be opted out of personalized ads. - The user could be using an old Android-2.2-era device that is unable to opt in to personalized ads. - The app may be requesting an ad size that has limited fill rate. A typical user’s experience is unlikely to reflect what the developer is seeing. Note that apps with severely restrictive targeting parameters or with a targeted user base in an unsupported country will end up reporting very low fill rates. A NO_FILL error can occur if the app is trying to load an auto-sized ad in a container whose dimensions are WRAP_CONTENT x WRAP_CONTENT. This will cause an Auto Ad Size failure and result in no ads being returned. Generally, if this is a screen-width ad then our recommendation for this case would be to change the AdLayout's layout params dimensions to be MATCH_PARENT x WRAP_CONTENT. Auto Ad Size should not be used if a specific ad size is required. Instructions and guidelines for ad sizes can be found here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/android/docs/concepts#Ad%20Sizes.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jean avatar image
Jean answered
Hello Ross, thanks for the quick answer. I have a few more questions about the factor you described: - The device could be in a country that does not receive many ads. [b]--> I'm located in France. Do you think I would be in this case?[/b] - The app has not yet received a device identifier (a.k.a. “ad-id”) from Amazon's server due to this being the first time the app requested an ad. [b]--> I believe this should occur once only, but not after a few days using the app.[/b] About the ad size, I have already set the width to "match_parent", but I'll change the height from 50dp to "fill_content". About the personalized ads, how can we tell if as a user, I got this disabled? Thanks for your help
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Your answers are pretty much correct. For personalized ads you can click on the adchoices button at the top right of the ad, and from there you can change your personal ad settings. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000