question

vangatech avatar image
vangatech asked

banner ads : load vs show

I see that there is a function loadInterstitialAd to preload the interstitial ad and then another function showIntersititalAd to show the loaded interstitial. Why don't I see similar load and show methods for banner ads? They still take a couple of seconds to come up, so it would be nice to have the banner ad ready to show. Am I missing something? or is this functionality just not available? Btw, I'm using unity3d plugin for amazon ads but I can't imagine that the functionality would be in android library and not in the unity plugin.
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
This feature is currently not included as part of the Amazon Mobile Ads API. The Mobile Ads team has received your feature request. This functionality can be simulated by loading an ad off the screen and then immediately floating it onto the screen upon receiving the onAdLoaded() callback. See the source code for the Floating Ad Sample ( https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/docs/sample-apps#Floating%20Ad%20Sample) for an example of how this can be done. Thank you for your interest and participation in the Amazon Mobile Ads Network.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.