question

amdeveri avatar image
amdeveri asked

Ads Don't show up on nontest mode (USA)

I live in the USA so location is not an issue but when I set enable testing to false (and logging to false) ads don't show up. Enable testing to true makes it work. I followed the sample in setting up the ads. Sporadically it does so up (it did for a moment) but the next time I open it it doesn't work, and the ads don't work as I designed it to (I set it for onResume() so that leaving the page would not remove the ad but on the time that it did function, leaving the page did remove the ad). One possibility I have considered is that "The app has not yet received a device identifier (a.k.a. “ad-id”) from Amazon's server due to this being the first time the app requested an ad.". Although I started confirming ad availability yesterday, it is true that I have never submitted an app connected to amazon ads yet and the app is not published yet. Is the lack of ad functionality something I should be concerned about? Or is it natural if the app is not published yet? Right now the ad does not even show up. The following is the error message: 06-25 10:18:32.662 10103-10103/? E/dalvikvm﹕ Could not find class 'com.amazon.device.messaging.ADM', referenced from method com.appboy.Appboy. 06-25 10:18:32.662 10103-10103/? W/dalvikvm﹕ VFY: unable to resolve new-instance 2335 (Lcom/amazon/device/messaging/ADM;) in Lcom/appboy/Appboy; 06-25 10:18:32.682 10103-10103/? I/dalvikvm﹕ Could not find method com.amazon.device.messaging.development.ADMManifest.checkManifestAuthoredProperly, referenced from method bo.app.bp.b 06-25 10:18:32.682 10103-10103/? W/dalvikvm﹕ VFY: unable to resolve static method 17542: Lcom/amazon/device/messaging/development/ADMManifest;.checkManifestAuthoredProperly (Landroid/content/Context;)V 06-25 10:18:32.682 10103-10103/? I/Appboy v1.6.0 .bo.app.bp﹕ com.amazon.device.messaging.ADM not found 06-25 10:18:33.012 20134-9779/? E/AmazonAppstore.AppManagerService﹕ asinList: null com.amazon.assertion.AssertionException: asinList: null at com.amazon.assertion.Assert.fail(Assert.java:203) at com.amazon.assertion.Assert.notNull(Assert.java:22) at com.amazon.mas.client.locker.service.appmgr.AppManagerAndroidPackageDelegate.handleAppInsertion(AppManagerAndroidPackageDelegate.java:113) at com.amazon.mas.client.locker.service.appmgr.AppManagerAndroidPackageDelegate.handleIntent(AppManagerAndroidPackageDelegate.java:76) at com.amazon.mas.client.locker.service.appmgr.AppManagerService.onHandleIntent(AppManagerService.java:96) at com.amazon.android.service.IntentTimeoutService.handleIntent(IntentTimeoutService.java:253) at com.amazon.android.service.IntentTimeoutService.access$000(IntentTimeoutService.java:27) 06-25 10:18:44.482 946-991/? I/ActivityManager﹕ Waited long enough for: ServiceRecord{444c0310 u0 com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.locker.service.appmgr.AppManagerService} In activity_main.xml xmlns:Amazon=" http://schemas.android.com/apk/lib/com.amazon.device.ads" In MainActivity public AdLayout adView; @Override public void onResume() { super.onResume(); Log.i("MainActivity", "onResume"); loadAd(); } } public void loadAd(){ AdRegistration.setAppKey("mynumberfromapp"); AdRegistration.enableLogging(false); AdRegistration.enableTesting(false); this.adView = (AdLayout) findViewById(R.id.adview); this.adView.loadAd(); } So should I be worrying (if yes, could you please explain how would I fix this?)? Or can I just plow ahead with publishing (I am at the final stage). Thanks so much! Message was edited by: amdeveri
mobile ads
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

amdeveri avatar image
amdeveri answered
OK I confirmed that this is definitely an issue. The ads show up as expected in the SimpleAdSample with my ID and logging and testing as false. However, in the actual program it doesn't show up at all. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my code. This is the error message from listener: 06-25 10:49:08.460 19662-19662/? W/﹕ Ad failed to load. Code: NO_FILL, Message: Server Message: no results. Try again in 10 seconds But in SimpleAdSample 06-25 10:44:35.340 12150-12150/? I/SimpleAdSample﹕ MRAID 1.0 ad loaded successfully. Message was edited by: amdeveri
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
According to your logs you are experiencing a no fill error. If you have not done so yet please review the knowledge base article covering no fill errors here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5228&tstart=0. I have reviewed the status of your app and can confirm that it is generating ad requests and impressions. A low fill rate may be the result of there being a limited number of ads in the size requested or new ads being requested too frequently. Try experimenting with different ad sizes and refresh rates. These changes should impact your overall fill rate. A knowledge base article of best practices for Amazon Mobile Ads can be found here: https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=5224&tstart=0. The Amazon Mobile Ads API can also be used alongside other ad networks. Information on how to use Amazon Mobile Ads with other ad SDKs can be found here: https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/earn/mobile-ads/docs/with-other-sdks.
10 |5000

ad-men avatar image
ad-men answered
We serve many many thousands of ads daily and noticed a sudden drop in Amazon fills with the latest sdk update (5.6.20). This was only with our signed APK (that uses proguard). Reverting to 5.5.135 fixed the issue.
10 |5000

Ross@Amazon avatar image
Ross@Amazon answered
The Amazon Mobile Ad Network is comprised of many advertisers and publishers. Various advertising campaigns move through the network which can result in a fluctuation in your monetization. New campaigns started at the beginning of July so the change in fill rate between v5.5.135 and v5.6.20 is most likely just a coincidence.
10 |5000