question

paradigmaneel avatar image
paradigmaneel asked

How to acheive Random/Dynamic SKUs

Hi, I searched the forum and still am having few questions related to IAP products/items registering and Application Binary upload. The questions are as follows: 1) Is it mandatory to have all the registered SKU references in the application's strings.xml file? 2) Is it mandatory to upload new version of application binary for every new IAP product(s) registered from time to time with Amazon? 3) Is it possible that I fetch list of SKUs from my internal server at runtime rather by hardcoding the SKUs in strings.xml file? Please help me with the answers so that I can finish my application development and upload the app for review. Thanks....
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
We are following up on your questions. We will get back to you once we have an update on this. Thank you.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paradigmaneel answered
Hi Samuel, Thanks for the reply. Please observe that I am waiting for your answers. Hope you will provide answers soon. Thanks alot.
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hello paradigmaneel, Please find answers for your questions: 1) It is not mandatory to have all the registered SKU references in the applications string.xml file. 2) Yes, you need to update the application binary for every new IAP product to Amazon, because SKU of the IAP must be in sync with the SKU in Distribution Portal. When you call initiatePurchaseRequest() with SKU string and if that SKU is not registered with Amazon then it will throw an error. 3) Yes, it is possible to fetch list of SKUs from your internal server at run time rather by hard-coding the SKUs in strings.xml file. Hope this information helps you. Thanks for your patience. :)
10 |5000

paradigmaneel answered
Thanks a lot for your quick answers Mr. Samuel. It helps a lot in my application development. Have a nice day :)
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon answered
you are welcome. :)
10 |5000