question

tjbetal avatar image
tjbetal asked

"No short description available" for IAP subscriptions

Hi, We use a number of in-app purchases for subscriptions and we would like to display the subscription's description field within the application. In all cases the field is coming back as "No short description available" even though we have set appropriate text within the in-app purchase description. Is there something we're missing? We've set our text as the US English default and the app is running on a UK Kindle Fire, but shouldn't the US English text be used if there's no localised text available? Many thanks, Tim
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pocketband avatar image
pocketband answered
We're having the same problem with our IAP items (Entitlement, not subscriptions). Have you found a workaround? It was a translation problem?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tjbetal avatar image
tjbetal answered
I've not found a workaround yet. I have tried adding a UK English description to our IAP, but can't seem to submit it for some reason (when I hit the "Submit In-App Purchase" button I'm returned to the overview screen. The IAP is still listed as "Live" and if I click it again it still displays the "Submit In-App Purchase" button. I don't think my request to add a localised description has been received). T

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Please raise a contact-us( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with your app details. One of our support engineers will assist you further.