question

mediakitchen avatar image
mediakitchen asked

Retrieve the status of entitlements every time app is launched

I am porting an app from IOS to Android (Amazon) that includes in-app purchases. On IOS I saved a file to a "caches" folder to record which in-app purchases a user had purchased so that when the app was launched each time these entitlements are made available. I assumed that I need to do something similar on Android for Amazon however read another thread on here that seemed to imply this was not the case and that the Amazon API offers a simpler solution with an API call that can be made every time the app is launched. I would be keen to hear if this is the case or not? If so, what would happen if a user wishes to access the app offline? In this case, I assume that any Amazon API call would be unable to retrieve any remote data on which entitlements have been purchased. Thanks in advance
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Yes, Amazon provides simpler APIs to implement in-app purchases. You can find more information on API related to in-app purchases at https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing.html. Once purchased, the entitled content is granted to the customer's Amazon account. That entitled content is used to access the content from any eligible device the customer has linked to their account. Once the device is synced to the amazon cloud, the entitled data can be accessed offline.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.