question

Martin Finch avatar image
Martin Finch asked

Does anyone know how the keywords work in the in app purchases section?

Hi all. I posted about this a few months ago and I'm still confused. When we add a new in app item it gives us the option to enter keywords as well. Now I've entered keywords for each of our games and when I do a search using those keywords in combination with the main description keywords or keywords in the title, sometimes the game will appear in the search, sometimes it wont. For example, we have a poker game and in the in app purchase keywords section (not the main description keywords) we have the word 'VIP'. When I do a search for 'VIP Poker' it appears in the search list. But I have other keywords in the in app purchase section and when I do a search to include those, then the game doesnt appear in the results. I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on this as I don't want to miss out on some keyword opportunities. Thanks all Martin
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Martin, Thank you for posting. As I said in your last post that adding keywords in IAP items does not impact app visibility in the search at this moment. We might enable this feature in future.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.