question

deepthisundaram avatar image
deepthisundaram asked

How Amazon handles delay in reponses.

Hi, Currently while testing with SDK tester since the json is present locally I do not see any delay in reponse nor do I need any network connectivity during purchase. In real time scenario this is not the case. 1. How does Amazon handle the delay in reponse from Amazon server when a purchase is initiated. Will any waiting pop up be displayed? 2. When a purchase is in progress if I press the home button/back button what will happen to my purchase initiated above? Will the response disappear. Will Amazon ask me to instantiate a new purchase. 3. What error message would be thrown in case there is no network connectivity during purchase. For now I see only four responses : SUCCESSFUL, FAILED, ALREADY ENTITLED & INVALID_SKU. Thanks in advance.
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, Please find the answers for your questions below, 1 & 2) If there is delay in response or if you have pressed home/back button during purchase process, For Entitled or Subscription:For this type of content your app retrieve the receipt data through the PurchaseUpdateRequest call next time it starts. For Consumable content: The purchase responses are queued up on the Amazon servers for retrieval by the Amazon Client. When the Amazon Client is capable, it will automatically retrieve the response and send it to the application. Purchase responses are implemented in an asynchronous manner and your app must be designed to handle them as such or you may run into issues with error use cases. 3) If there is a network connectivity issue, there wouldn't be any response because you cannot make the request. But we show FAILED error message when request went through but something went wrong. Hope this information helps you. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

deepthisundaram avatar image
deepthisundaram answered
Thanks for your reply Samuel. In my case I am using consumable content. I would also like to know if we have any option to cancel the request, after initiating a request for purchase.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi deepthisundaram, We have cancel option till the user clicks on *Buy* option, once the Buy is initiated, the process continues and you cannot cancel the request.

gvdevs avatar image
gvdevs answered
> For Consumable content: The purchase responses are queued up on the Amazon servers for retrieval by the Amazon Client. When the Amazon Client is capable, it will automatically retrieve the response and send it to the application. > Purchase responses are implemented in an asynchronous manner and your app must be designed to handle them as such or you may run into issues with error use cases. Samuel, we're running into issues with consumable purchases in the Live app and it appears as either Amazon doesn't notifies us at all or we miss those notifications on our part due to some unknown bug. Is there way so simulate purchase response delays with SDK Tester app?

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered
@gvdevs - did you find a way to fix your problem with the lack of callback? We're seeing the same issue (though with entitlements, not consumables). Fwiw, updating to the latest 1.0.5 version of the IAP library helped for Kindle Fire, but not for Kindle Fire HD -- with a limited sample set of one of each device. thx!

gvdevs avatar image
gvdevs answered
@mattsenft No, we didn't find the way, but we hope that 1.0.5 IAP update will fix it. Unfortunately, we can't test it as it only happens with released version of the app and our update with new IAP library can't seem to get through the review process. Were you able to test the new IAP library without submitting an update to the store?

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered
@gvdevs: It sounds like we're in the same boat as you. Everything tests fine locally with the amazon tester, but when its live in the store, the behaviour is different. We were able to get a version released with the 1.0.5 library, and that seems to make everything work as expected on Kindle Fire, but not on Fire HD -- at least for the "previously purchased" case. We're unable to test the "new purchase" anymore because we've already purchased. Based on support emails, HD customers have to "purchase" twice, and then it "works". All very confusing, and all very quiet on the Amazon front... no responses to threads like this or direct support requests. I guess they're working on it, but it would be nice to know! If we find out anything we'll share it here. Please do the same. Thx!