question

Michael Thomas avatar image
Michael Thomas asked

Using Google IAP?

I'm considering putting my app on Amazon too, but am currently using Google in app purchase. I understand that won't work with Kindle, but will my app be rejected for use on phones that are already capable (ie, have Google Play)? Since I really don't know whether the Amazon store will be worthwhile, it's really hard to justify implementing a completely new in app purchase mechanism in the short term. thanks, Mike
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Mike, Yes, you cannot submit an app which has Google in-app purchase to Amazon Appstore. Amazon seeks to provide a straightforward, elegant API that requires minimal developer effort in implementing Amazon IAP. Please follow the below link for more information. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing/reference/google-to-iap.html Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michael Thomas avatar image
Michael Thomas answered
That's really too bad. I have no idea whether or not the Amazon store is worthwhile, but since I'd have to invest a significant amount of time to implement, build separate versions, test, test, test... sorry not worth the gamble. Mike