question

aidigame avatar image
aidigame asked

What if the initiateGetUserIdRequest method isn't called

Dear all, After a lot of testing on our app,I found the IAP function worked great even without calling the initiateGetUserIdRequest method within the onStart() lifecycle method as the SDK documentation requested and everything seemed ok in a test environment.However,we failed to get approved.Cause when tapping on any of the IAP's the screen,there was no respond.So I think it's most likely the absence of the initiateGetUserIdRequest method which resulted in the issue,but I'm not sure. Besides,considering only consumable item is available in our app,initiatePurchaseUpdatesRequest method is never invoked and the offset isn't kept.With locally available content,the initiateItemDataRequest is also never called.Moreover,I am not tracking the RequestID returned by each method. I've no idea why the IAP behaved differently between test environment and live environment.It worked very well in the former,but it didn't in the latter. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks for watching. Message was edited by: aidigame
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
There are a lot of reasons for which an IAP can fail in LIVE environment. Please check below points to make sure that your IAP items works properly in both Test and Live environments. 1) Invalid_Sku: This is a common mistake made while testing IAP. Defining a SKU in amazon.sdktester.json file for testing in Test environment but might not be using same SKU when it goes to Live. SKU's are case sensitives and you should also check for typos! 2) Proguard: If you are not setting up proguard config file properly then there is a possibility of IAP jar getting corrupted. Please check for correct proguard config file and for proper setup. If you check for the above said points in your IAP, then you can avoid problems with IAP. However if you still face any issues with IAP, then please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with your app details and one of our Support Engineer should be able to help in this regard.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aidigame avatar image
aidigame answered
Thanks for your reply.I really appreciate it:)