question

wolfie78 avatar image
wolfie78 asked

PurchasingObserver callbacks not being called (except onSdkAvailable)

Hello, I hooked our game up to the amazon store using the ButtonClicker sample as a base framework. I am trying to implement the storefront and so building a catalog of purchasable items within the onItemDataResponse callback. But this along with onGetUserIdResponse are never called. But the sdk tester is logging successful Item Data Response BroadCasts and UserID Response BroadCasts..!! Note the onSdkAvailable is being called....Has anyone else experienced this ? And if so how did you get around it? Any help would be great, thanks
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wolfie78 avatar image
wolfie78 answered
Hello, Just answering some of the questions from the support team.It may help others in the same situation. [b]have you updated Amazon client installed and you are logged in?[/b] Yes. [b]have you downloaded the latest Amazon SDK?[/b] Yes. But I do also have problems initializing GameCircle (This may be linked? I have tried all of the steps - I am dealing with this in a seperate thread) [b] do you have everything setup properly in the SDK tester?[/b] I believe so. The calls to PurchasingManager.initiateGetUserIdRequest and PurchasingManager.initiateItemDataRequest provoke responses from the sdk tester. i.e Successful User ID and Item data broadcasts in logcat, the item data one logs the contents of the json file. [b] your manifest is correct?[/b] I have added the receiver entry for amazon as described in the docs. [b] have you implemented and registered your Purchasing Observer and Manager correctly?[/b] Yes, I believe so. I have followed the documentation and used ButtonClicker as a base framework. [b] is your IAP item(s) ready? Everything formatted with your JSON file, in the correct folder etc?[/b] Yes, I am getting successful logs from the sdktester, but no purchaseobserver callbacks (except for onSDKAvailable) [b]you have set your app setup for sandbox mode?[/b] This ones interesting, what do you mean by this? [b]you are handling response notifications correctly? Are you logging these to see what is happening?[/b] Yep, using ButtonClicker as a base, and there are logs everywhere. As I am also having trouble with GameCircle , could this be linked to my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen) or the account I am using? I am signed into an amazon account and added the nickname I am using. thanks

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Hi, Thank you for your post. We have received your ContactUs and its been actively worked on .

wolfie78 avatar image
wolfie78 answered
Hello, This indeed turn out to be an issue with the AndroidManifest.xml - the receiver was nested within activity rather than application. That I was getting any responses a all from the sdk tester conned me into thinking this was setup correctly Thanks for your help.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Glad to know that your issue was resolved. Thank you.