question

sergey3 avatar image
sergey3 asked

AmazonIAP.unitypackage

Hello! I just downloaded SDK. AmazonIAP.unitypackage not want to open in Unity 3d v3.5.5 "Error while importing package: Package has unknown format" AmazonGameCircle.unitypackage opens normally.
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. We were successfully able to import AmazonIAP.unitypackage on Unity 3D v3.5.5 and Unity 3D v4.0.0 and did not face any issues. Please download the Amazon SDK again and retry importing the AmazonIAP.unitypackage. Hopefully this would resolve your issue. If you still face any issue, please raise a contact-us ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with detailed explanation of your problem and one of our support engineer will assist you further.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sergey3 avatar image
sergey3 answered
Unfortunately, the redownload does not help to me. I upgraded Unity to 4.0.1 and successfully imported the package. Thank you for the tip!

sergey3 avatar image
sergey3 answered
I follow documentation https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing/documentation/unity-iap-setup.html "Next, update the AndroidManifest.xml file for the project by selecting the "Prime31" menu and clicking "Generate AndroidManifest.xml file"" I not see any "Prime31" items in the menu, only Unity standard.

Venkat@Amazon avatar image
Venkat@Amazon answered
Hi, We have tested a sample android app on Unity v4.0.12f on Windows platform by importing the AmazonIAP.unitypackage and were able to generate the AndroidManifest.xml successfully. Please follow the below steps to generate 1) Create a new Project from the "File" Menu. 2) Navigate to Build Settings under File Menu and Select the platform as Android. 3) Import AmazonIAP.unitypackage plugin into your project from "Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package" menu. 4) Post import, Click on the Menu Bar and a new "Amazon" Menu would be added to the Menu bar. 5) Now you can generate the manifest file by selecting the "Generate AndroidManifest.xml " sub-menu under the "Amazon" Menu.

Mike Thompson avatar image
Mike Thompson answered
The issue is with version 3.5.7 (the latest and last 3.5.x Unity). Opening the package will fail and yield the error "Error while importing package: Package has unknown format". I have re-downloaded several times already to no avail. I'll see if I can open it up in 4.x beta and manually import it to 3.5.7.

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Hi, Thank you for your post. We have released a new version of SDK.zip package. Please download the latest version of SDK.zip package and this would resolve your issue.