question

drakken20 avatar image
drakken20 asked

IAP sdcard issue

I am trying to push the amazon.sdktester.json file to my actual kindle device for testing. When I try, I get a permission denied, read only files system. The folder permissions shows in eclipse ddms that it is read only. How do I get it on the device for testing? I also tried using the adb shell to push it. Thanks
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi drakken20, Thank you for showing interest in IAP. Which version of kindle you are trying to push the json file?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drakken20 avatar image
drakken20 answered
I am using version 6.3.2

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi drakken20, Thanks for the reply. I think you are using Kindle Fire 1st Generation. So when you connect your device through USB cable to pc, there is a black screen appears in the Kindle saying that "You can now transfer files from your computer to Kindle". If you stay in that screen (by not pressing "Disconnect" button) you should be able to browse the device and sdcard from your desktop. In Windows, a drive named "Removable Disk" appears in "My Computer". and you can transfer the json file that time simply by copy pasting the json file. But if you run adb push command when you are in that black screen in the device, then you would get error message like below failed to copy 'amazon.sdktester.json' to 'mnt\sdcard': Read-only file system If you press "Disconnect" button and get rid of the black screen by going device home creen then you can not browse the device from desktop but should be able to run the command successfully. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted whether your problem is resolved or not.

drakken20 avatar image
drakken20 answered
Thanks, that was it. Sorry for the delay. John