question

mikaelalfredsson avatar image
mikaelalfredsson asked

Selling IAP in china

According to the information here : https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html We have the following statements. [b]In which countries does Amazon offer apps?[/b] [i]Amazon Apps is currently available for customers in nearly 200 countries, including United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, China, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, India, South Africa, and South Korea. Check the Developer Blog for more information on international availability.[/i] [b]Q:I already offer apps on Amazon. What do I have to do to make my existing apps available in all countries?[/b] [i]You dont have to do anything. Your app and its in-app purchasable (IAP) items are set by default to be available internationally. They will be automatically submitted for sale in our international marketplaces when we launch Amazon Apps internationally. .... [/i] But from China I got the information that our app is not available, and they get an error message when trying to download or purchase the inapp item. When contacting Amazon support they said that not all apps are available in China but only selected ones. They did however not tell us how to be one of the selected applications. I feel I'm lied to. The information that the apps are not automatically available in China, and for all we know at the moment might never be available is non existent or at least very hard to find. Basically the only reason that I spend time implementing Amazons IAP and removed all mention of other app-stores from the application was to be able to sell it in China as well. This information, if the supports mail are accurate, should be clearly stated in the information we get before we sign up for a developer account. Best regards Mikael Alfredsson
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Mikaelalfredsson, Thank you for your post. At this time, we are accepting a limited number of apps for distribution in China. We will notify you once this status changes.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mikaelalfredsson answered
Thanks, but that is not really helpful :) Why is this not mentioned clearly before getting an developer account? How do I get on the list for programs that are reviewed to be released in China? Why is not all programs released in China? and do we have the same restriction on any other countries that we should know about? /Mikael

mikaelalfredsson answered
This is exactly the same automated or copy/paste message that the support gave us. Word by word. Cant you really answer the questions and not only state the obvious.. I already know that the apps are not available in China. /Mikael