question

pkjain168 avatar image
pkjain168 asked

Amazon's FTP server for more than 100 MB APK

Hi, I have uploaded an application file (.apk) using Amazon's FTP server. The file size was around 180MB. I have not published it but I want to test it. How can I do that? Is there a way to download the uploaded file onto a Kindle Fire for testing without publishing it? One more thing I would like to ask if I have uploaded the application which having size more than 100 MB using Amazon's FTP server, in that case how end-user will download the app,App will be download normally as less than 100MB APK downloads or we have to make some extra effort either at developer end? I means Application will download as a single APK or as split APKs.
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Alister avatar image
Alister answered
Couldn't you just try it out on eclipse or upload the apk from your computerto sendspace, Dropbox etc then install it on your kindle/ android device and test it. Also if it is accepted after approval (if you checked the compatibility boxes for kindle devices) then it should work fine, any other questions just reply. Hope I helped.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pkjain168 avatar image
pkjain168 answered
I have uploaded app with 180 MB size using Amazon's FTP Server,It is uploaded successfully and I got confirmation mail from amazon. Any thing I have to do after that or it just done.

Alister avatar image
Alister answered
If you're talking about the app submission then you are done! Also like I said in the last post if you want to test your app then just follow the steps in my last post.