question

lenafullmoon avatar image
lenafullmoon asked

Amazan App Store Uninstalled

Hello, I have a question about what to do if the Amazon App Store is uninstalled from the device. Let's say that a user has downloaded my app (with IAP) from Amazon App Store, but afterwards uninstalled the App Store. Is it possible to detect that from inside my app? I was testing such scenario with SDKTester.apk and cannot find any difference that my app can notice except that callback methods are not being invoked. How should the app behave in case when the user requests IAP while the App Store is not installed on the device? Thanks
iap
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Lenafullmoon, Thank you for posting. You are not supposed to handle such scenario in the app since for non Kindle devices, if app store is uninstalled from device, it would be automatically detected by your app and there would be a dialog displayed saying "Amazon Appstore Required". If user presses the "OK" in the dialog, the app would be terminated. So we are already preventing the user for app usage in case of app uninstalls.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lenafullmoon avatar image
lenafullmoon answered
Thanks for the prompt answer :) I still have a few questions: 1. The dialog saying "Amazon Appstore Required" will be shown after the 'registerObserver' is called, or the calls to IAP SDK do not matter concerning the dialog? I am registering the Observer from the purchase items' showcase Activity, not in each of the activities. 2. I have been testing with AmazonSDKTester.apk, and the dialog you mentioned does not appear; am I right to assume this is production application only? 3. Searching this forum, I have seen that if the user is not logged-in on Kindle device, there is a dialog similar to the one you said appears for missing Appstore. Is that right for not being logged-in on Appstore as well (for a not-Kindle device)? Does the dialog need a registered observer? Thank you,

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Lenafullmoon, 1. The dialog does not depend on the fact whether IAP sdk (registerObserver) is used or not in the app. The dialog would appear for all apps installed from App Store while starting/resuming the app in case App Store is uninstalled silently after installs. 2. Yes. This would happen only on those apps what are downloaded and installed from App Store (production build). 3. If user logs out or other user (not the owner of the app) logs in app store, there would be dialogs to handle these situations (e.g, "please log in to app store", "You do not own this app ") while starting/resuming the app. All these scenarios are already taken care of. Please do not invest time for extra coding to handle these cases. Thanks. Hope this helps.