question

Pen Name avatar image
Pen Name asked

App fails Amazon Testing but never fails on my Kindle Fire

(I posted this in the incorrect area, I'm NOT using IAPs, only achievements and leader boards) Hello all, So I submitted an app to Amazon after extensive testing on my Kindle Fire 1st gen, but it failed Amazon testing, they state it crashes on app startup. Due to the fact I can't duplicated the issue, they sent me a log. The only thing I see in the log is: Finding API Key Attempting to parse API Key from assets directory Begin decoding API Key APIKey: num sigs = 1 Signature checking.: Fingerpirint checking: Failed to decode: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! java.lang.SecurityException: Decoding fails: certificate fingerprint can't be verified! I connected my Kindle and ran the monitor on it and it's not producing these API errors. My App is using the Amazon Gamecircle sdk and it's built on Unity 3.5.7. I got my API from the security tab on the developers portal and copied the API to the API_key.txt as the Amazon tutorial shows. As a test, I changed one character in the API_key.txt file and it gave me a AIP Key mismatch error and crashed. Not the same error… So, it looks like Amazon can't verity the API key. So, I'm not sure how to resolve this. I deleted my Kindle from testing in the developers portal and I also deregistered my Kindle in order for it to sign out of Gamecircle, even with all of that, it's still not crashing. I can't reproduce the errors above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Message was edited by: Pen Name
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pen Name avatar image
Pen Name answered
Still no help on this?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bipin@Amazon avatar image
Bipin@Amazon answered
Hi, Can you give us the package name , application details or raise a contact us( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) by login into developer account. We can check the issue in detail and get back to you.
10 |5000

CodingCake avatar image
CodingCake answered
HI I also have this problem . and I have been test on Kindle HD (3gen) my apk working well and other android pone and tablet. their working great . But after I submit it to store . Amazon always said it force close when it launched . even they have give me a log file , But I still no idea how to fix this . Because I can not reproduce it ... Is anyone have suggestion ? Unity 4.3.1f1 GameCircle sdk 2.0 for unity. Mac OS 10.9 Br
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi CodingCake, I can see your app is approved and live in the store. Its working fine in HDX 8.9. I hope you have resolved the issue on your own. Thanks.
10 |5000