question

Android avatar image
Android asked

Android onItemDataResponse intermittently fails.

I have successfully setup and tested IAB on Kindle Fire, Fire HD, and Fire HDX using the sandbox env. I presently have a bug where periodically initiateItemDataRequest responds with response.getItemDataRequestStatus() == FAILED. Once this occurs initiateItemDataRequest always fails even after a reboot. Seeing as it usually works fine and there is no documentation on why this error occurs I am at a loss on how I can fix the bug. After spending a few hours probing the issue it feels like a bug in the sandbox env...
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Hotheadgames Thank you for writing to us. Can you let us know once you submit the app for review so that we can test it in our end? Please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with the app details saying about the issue there. You should put a reference of this thread in the ContactUs.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Android avatar image
Android answered
Thanks, will do. Any idea what causes the item data request to fail? Is there anyway to make the sdktester verbose? Everything leading up to the item data request works fine (initiateGetUserIdRequest(), initiatePurchaseUpdatesRequest()). As far as I can tell currently this is only happening on a first gen Kindle Fire and since it started no matter what I do (re-install sdktester, reboot, etc) the request always fails.
10 |5000

Juan Campa avatar image
Juan Campa answered
I'm seeing this exact problem. Have you find a reason? Thanks in advanced.
10 |5000