question

Damjan Lampret avatar image
Damjan Lampret asked

Consumables keep triggering onPurchaseResponse

Hello we have noticed that each time a Consumable is purchased by the same user, all previously purchased Consumables by this same user will be delivered as well. Is this expected behavior? Is there a way to "finalize transaction" so that previously purchased (and delivered) Consumables no longer trigger onPurchaseResponse callback. This kind of behavior would be expected for an Entitlement where it would be delivered with ALREADY_ENTITLED. But we are using only Consumables. regards Damjan Message was edited by: Damjan Lampret
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Damjan Lampret answered
I forgot to mention. In the sandbox environment (SDKTester) this behavior does not happen. Only in LIVE environment.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Damjan, We just tested your app which is currently live in Amazon App Store. The Consumables are working as expected in your app (tested - 100 and 500 Time Sand). If you still face the issue please let us know which item is giving you the trouble. And also in which device you are testing it. Thank you for reaching us.
10 |5000

Damjan Lampret answered
Hi Sujoy will check in a day or two. Anyway we handle it gracefully even if old consumables are re-delivered. Is there a consume call that we should call? Like in Google's IAB v3? regards Damjan
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Damjan, Thank you for writing back. There is no API provided in Amazon IAP SDK explicitly for consumable to notify the item is consumed. IAP system is aware about the type of purchasable items and accordingly deliver the information to the app. Which is not good that you keep on being re-delivered the old consumables through onPurchaseResponse. I need little more clarity on this. 1. Do you get multiple callbacks for each old consumable purchased while buying a new consumable? 2. Is it 100% reproducible? 3. Is it happening for all consumable purchase in your app? 4. Have I tested the right app? If not, please provide the app name (you can contact me privately through ContactUs).
10 |5000