question

ethertree avatar image
ethertree asked

In App Items create/edit interface

While a bulk CSV upload option would be the best option for adding in-app items for us and others as previously mentioned ( https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=173) because it saves a huge amount of time and error, could I just ask if there is any way you might change the input interface to at least streamline the process for manual input? There are currently four tabs (at least for entitlements, which is all we use), with at most 4 input fields. It's not exactly fast to input all the options because of this unnecessary discontinuity and it makes it slow to review as well. Could all the entries just be on a single tab form? It would save us a lot of time for large item collections. Another criticism of this interface, is because it's all separate server-side code, just flipping between the tabs, reloads the page,and wipes out everything you have put in the form, unless you remember to save at every step. There isn't even a "Do you want to Save?" dialog to avoid this problem. All this combined makes it a very poor error-prone interface for adding more than just a few in-app items. And to be honest, looking at the interface, we are seriously considering not adding any of our paid content just because the effort to add the 1500 items we already have is going to take many days, plus the extra batch of about 1000 coming up. A bulk uploader is likely to be the only way we'd do our back catalog, but we have new items go in every day, which are manageable without an uploader, but the process currently takes too much time. Could I also ask if there is any limit on the number of in-app items supported? As there will be no point as even using the Amazon platform if there is a fairly low cap. Lastly, there has been no mention of a bulk upload tool so is it correct to assume that this feature is not even on your road map? Both comments in previous forum posts and the reply we got via support email didn't indicate this was planned for the future. Thanks Tree
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Ethertree, Thank you for your post. Bulk uploading IAPs is not supported at this moment. We might include this in future in distribution portal. Please stay tuned with our blog ( https://developer.amazon.com/blog). I am sending your feedback about the IAP submission form/page to the concerned team. No, there is no limit of number of IAP items.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

monocube avatar image
monocube answered
Better yet, Amazon should expose a server side API for managing IAP items (eg. prices). Therefore we could change items on our own server and publish the prices and available items.
10 |5000

AlkaoonInc avatar image
AlkaoonInc answered
Also, an authority of deleting a IAP should be added. I just added an IAP to our free game SlotWiz for the test, since our developing team finished the same game optimized for Kindle Fire. But now I cannot update the game with the IAP.
10 |5000