question

eikuh avatar image
eikuh asked

Change Testing Instructions

How do I change the testing instructions for the reviewers? I want to submit a new in-app item (without uploading a new apk because my app fetches the content from my server). However, for this item I have to add some notes for the testers for them to find it. The FAQ for submitting new items says: "Please update the "Testing Instructions" for your app with specific IAP use cases clearly showing where to find IAP items in your app" However, if I go to "Current Version (Live)" -> "Binary file(s)" -> "Testing instructions", these instructions cannot be edited. Is there another place where I can enter testing instructions? Or is there a way to edit the testing instructions?
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Hi eikuh, Based on the steps you provided, you selected "Current Version (Live)". So I believe your app has passed testing and it should be live on Amazon Appstore. Therefore, testing instruction is not editable. You will be able to enter the testing instruction when you create an Upcoming version of your app. Thanks
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eikuh avatar image
eikuh answered
But I don't have a new version of my app. I only have new in-app items, for which I would like to add notes for the testers. Can I upload the same apk for an upcoming version? (I don't have app changes) This is somewhat cumbersome. Isn't there a better solution? I want to add testing instructions for the in-app item, not for the app. Can you at Amazon change the testing instructions? Then I could write you an e-mail with the testing instructions, you could add it to my existing app and I could add my in-app items.
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Hi eikuh, A testing cycle is initiated only when a new version of the app is submitted. I would suggest you to create an upcoming version of your app. You can submit the same apk if you don't have any app changes. Thanks
10 |5000