question

venkata-muppalla avatar image
venkata-muppalla asked

Is it recommended to use 2.0 vs 1.0 version of Inapp API?

I am seeing there are 2 Api's for Inapp purchase implementation and I have implemented my app with 1.0 version. Do I need to upgrade to the 2.0 version? will the 1.0 version be deprecated in future? If so what is the timeline for it? Is one API recommended over the other?
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
As we have just rolled out an update to our IAP API (v1 > v2), we felt it may be helpful to provide a ‘cliff note’ version of the updates. The main update to v2 is to allow 3rd party apps to retrieve unfulfilled consumable items; we have also changed the method names and associated callbacks as well. Note that v1 and v2 are both included in the SDK, you will want to use v2 as v1 is now deprecated.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robin avatar image
robin answered
Please note that another Amazonian announced that version 1 * is * deprecated and was done so three weeks ago on July 11. Even started a separate forum category "In-App Purchasing 2.0" the beginning of July ref: " IAP (v1) This SDK (now deprecated) . . . . " From: IAP v21 v2 Overview Posted: Jul 11, 2014 11:05 AM https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=3735&tstart=0 There are three references to this fact in the rollout information.
10 |5000