question

rkamalya avatar image
rkamalya asked

iap works fine in sandbox mode, but fails in release mode

Hi. I'm integrating amazon iap in to my android app. The release version that is ready to be submitted (signed and obfuscated) works fine on my phone in sandbox mode. However, after submitting the application and installing it from amazon market the payment doesn't work. I can see that [b] PurchasingManager.initiateGetUserIdRequest()[/b] successfully returns user object, but the desired dialog with item I want to purchase is not shown after[b] PurchasingManager.initiatePurchaseRequest( ) [/b]call. I have successfully added and submitted all items with checked skus. proguard config file seems to be coorectly configured. I dont think it is an obfuscation proble, because the obfuscated version works fine in sandbox mode with sdk tester. I'm really confused. Any suggestions ?
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
Pls raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us with your app details so that we can look into the issue.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rkamalya avatar image
rkamalya answered
Hi Anshul, we have contacted your team with "Contact us" form and provided all the details about application. but instead of the help of solving the issue it is already the 3rd week that we are getting back with an email from your team, that the payment doesn't work. pls note, we have referred in order to get a help in solving the aforementioned issue(as you have suggested), but not getting rejected because the IAP doesn't work in application. It would be great, if someone could help to figure out the problem and finally solve it and I'll be grateful if you could help me not to loose another week. Waiting for your kind response.
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi rkamalya, Please check for the sku in your app and Amazon Distribution Portal. SKUs are case sensitive and should be exactly matched while calling IAP items. Please check for typo as well.
10 |5000

rkamalya avatar image
rkamalya answered
Hi Samuel, thanks for your reply. The thing is that, I can't even see the purchase UI. I checked twice with sku names, but they where identical.On the other hand, if the skus are different in names or there are some typos I should receive something like [i]invalid sku [/i] as stated in the documentation, isn't it ? So I thought the problem is in obfuscation. But as the apk is signed and obfuscated and there is purchase tester app installed in my phone, the application works like a charm in sandbox mode. So the latter gives me some clue that obfuscation (proguard) isn't the problem (pls correct me, if I'm mistaken in this point). While the app is submitted and is in the phase of review, I'm getting back with an answer that payment doesn't work. Pls, is there a way so I could go by checkpoints to check whether everything is done correctly? Or maybe a way to test it not in sandbox mode. Waiting for your kind response.
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi rkamalya, We do have only sandbox mode to test using SDK tester. We do not have any other mode to test. You can also refer to the below for step-by-step guide of IAP testing and usage. Link: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing/documentation/testing-iap.html Hope this helps. Thank you.
10 |5000

serialscreener avatar image
serialscreener answered
Hi Samuel, We have exactly the same problem as Rkamalya, We submitted our application 4 times with the same result: IAP isn't working. We tried to contact you with the "Contact us" page of the developer portal but we are still waiting for a respond. Did you find a way to solve this problem ?
10 |5000

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. We have received your contact-us and it has been taken care.
10 |5000

aidigame avatar image
aidigame answered
Hi serialscreener, I have encountered the same issue as you.Everything works great in a test environment but there was no respond when tapping any one of the in-app items in live environment according the amazon's feedback.Have you managed to resolve your problem?Thanks.
10 |5000

C. Ata avatar image
C. Ata answered
Hi Dixith@Amazon, Could you elaborate on how the issue was resolved? We (and it seems others) are having similar issues. Thanks, -Chad
10 |5000

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Hi Sheado, There are lot of reasons for IAP can fail in Live environment. Below are the few possible scenarios. 1) This is the common mistake made while testing IAP. Defining a SKU in amazon.sdktester.json file for testing in Test environment but might not be using the same SKU when it goes to Live. SKU's are case sensitives and you should also check for typo's. 2) If you are not setting up proguard config file properly then there is a possibility of IAP jar file getting corrupted. Please check for correct proguard config file and for proper setup. 3) For best results, use the version of the IAP jar file currently available on developer portal. We are not sure , in which case your app is failing in Live mode. Please raise a contact-us with your app details. Then one of our support engineer will assist you further.
10 |5000