question

josh@gameforge avatar image
josh@gameforge asked

Offline SDK Tester and RVS Sandbox as WAR file vs. full testing

Due to the nature of the testing environment, which is completely disconnected from amazon, tests can not cover the full range of communication. Errors made in the configuration of IAP items in the Amazon distribution portal for example can not be found by testing on our end. In addition several quirks in the behavior of the SDK Tester make for a substantially different testing environment than what the live system will behave like. A much preferrable solution would be to have the SDK Tester communicate with an Amazon server set up for testing. Instead of a JSON file, that server would use the in-app items configured and saved (but not necessarily submitted) in the distribution portal. The backend would then verify purchases with another Amazon test server which implements a test version of the RVS, only accepting the purchaseTokens generated by the first test server. This way, testing would cover the whole payment flow and behave exactly like the live environment.
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Thanks Josh. I appreciate your feedback, and all of it is being passed on to the dev team. The more customer desire we have for features, the more likely they will be implemented. I can't talk too much about future plans, but I can say our desire is to make the test environment as close to the live environment as possible, and we're pushing in that direction.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vitaliy Kaplich avatar image
Vitaliy Kaplich answered
Steve, could you please tell me is there any way to test Amazon RVS from the website via HTTP (not from device)? I'm working on the website accepting purchases from mobile app and it's supposed to verify receipts against Amazon RVS. Everything perfectly works on production but unfortunately I don't see how to test it in development environment. Just to clarify... I'm talking about something like PayPal developers sandbox environment. Do you have anything like this on Amazon? Thank you!
10 |5000

Anshul@Amazon avatar image
Anshul@Amazon answered
The only way to test purchases in Development environment is using the deployable WAR file as outlined in our documentation https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/in-app-purchasing/documentation/rvs.html The RVS Sandbox and SDKTester works hand in hand. While testing using Sandbox, you will receive tokens from the SDKTester. Also, we do not have anything like PayPal developers sandbox environment.
10 |5000

Shanmi avatar image
Shanmi answered
+1 to the testing environment request. Please keep us posted.
10 |5000

Robinmasque avatar image
Robinmasque answered
+1
10 |5000