question

ejfreedman avatar image
ejfreedman asked

Submission with OpenIAB

I'm having a problem getting our app with in app purchase approved by Amazon. On submission Amazon will approve for Amazon devices but not Kindle devices. We are using OpenIAB in our first Android app with in app purchase. We set everything up and are able to test successfully on the device using Amazon App Tester and installing the app using the ./adb install -i com.amazon.venezia appname.apk command in terminal. When we submit to the Amazon Appstore, however, we are rejected by their testers as the app won't download the in app purchases/prices. This implies that the production app can't reach the store. I should also comment it also works perfectly fine in Google Play, which uses OpenIAB also. Any help is appreciated. I'm happy to post code if that would help. I'm really frustrated and have found that emailing Amazon through contact us gets me no where.
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello ejfreedman, Please review your last correspondence from our Contact Us thread. We have found irrespective of what the installer package name is, that your IAP 2.0 implementation is not functional. The only reason that you have to use the adb install -i flag for your own tests is that you are attempting to emulate the installation of your app from the Amazon Appstore client. However, when installing from our actual client we can see that your implementation is still not functional. This was further verified via the Android Debug Bridge after installing your app using the following commands: adb shell pm list packages -i | grep Your_package_name_redacted package:Your_package_name_redacted installer=com.amazon.venezia We will need more information in regards to how your IAP implementation is built as we don't directly support OpenIAB, however if there is a problem with their implementation it would certainly be beneficial to see what specifically is going wrong so other customers of their SDK can resolve the issue as well.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ejfreedman avatar image
ejfreedman answered
Thanks, DougM. It was very nice to receive helpful correspondence. My previous tries didn't get me anywhere. We will look into Live Testing next and do some more work on verifying OpenIAB.
10 |5000

ejfreedman avatar image
ejfreedman answered
We did some additional testing using Live Tester. We did find (and fix) a crashing bug but had not problems pulling in our inventory list or completing in app purchases. In short, we can't reproduce and thus we are not certain what to do next. Any suggestions? We are thinking of resubmitting and seeing if it passes.
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello again ejfreedman, That should work in this case. We saw an issue specifically on our side giving your app the purchasable items in our systems. Resubmitting your app should at this point alleviate the problems you had with getting marked as compatible on our devices as we can purchase items successfully using the test binary you have published. As this should allow for the testers to be able to successfully purchase items within the app.
10 |5000