question

sampham avatar image
sampham asked

Links Redirecting to Browser Crashes Web App Tester

Hi, I have a link that is intended to open in a new tab by setting "target = _blank". Clicking this link should open it in the web browser. Sometimes when I test the link the web browser is properly opened with the correct URL. And sometimes the Web App Tester crashes and lands me back on the Kindle Home Screen. Is there any way to see why the redirect is working inconsistently? Thanks!
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robin avatar image
robin answered
Hello sampham, Although I am unable to provide the answer you are seeking, I too have had the same experience when tapping on a hyperlink attempting launch the Silk browser. 70% of the time is successful, the other 30% the web-app tester does crash and close. It may be related to a hyperlink issue I just posted: Thread: Web App Tester "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation" https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2312 In my situation, it appears storage or memory is the culprit. It may assist the Amazon team if your device usage detail is known. I have the settings breadcrumb trail within that post. Robin
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Thanks both of you. I am able to reproduce the issue. I have just forwarded this case to appropriate team. I will let you know about the about the updates.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sampham avatar image
sampham answered
Thanks for forwarding this to the appropriate team.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
The issue is identified and fixed. The fix would be pushed to the devices shortly. Thanks for bringing this into our notice.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.