question

N. Schneider avatar image
N. Schneider asked

Another: IAP not working live, but working with app tester

Hello there, So far, my Android App works fine in test mode on several devices in the app tester. But the live version that I've published today doesn't seem to receive any products. I check if the product is available in the onProductDataResponse callback, but my assumption is, that the product (full version unlock entitlement) is not available. Any hints? Thank you, Nils
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

N. Schneider answered
I have to admit that I forgot to submit the in-app-item at first, so the app was available but not the item to be purchased. But the in-app-item state now changed to "live" but the product still doesn't seem to be available in the app. Unfortunately, its hard to tell what exactly is going wrong as I have no traces added (harder for hackers to debug). Possible failures are: - onProductDataResponse callback is not fired - The response in onProductDataResponse is not SUCCESSFUL - The response in onProductDataResponse doesn't include the product with the SKU that I expect - The call to PurchasingService.purchase() fails I do not execute the PurchasingService.purchase call if the product is not available, unfortunately I didn't add any message to the end user so its just that nothing happens because I didn't expect a product not to be available. As said before, all this works correctly in the app tester though.... Any help is highly appreciated as no one can buy the full version unlock of my app at the moent. Message was edited by: N. Schneider
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

N. Schneider answered
Meanwhile I've modified my app to [b]always[/b] call PurchasingService.purchase(), ignoring if the product is available or not. Now, the purchase process itself works but the onPurchaseResponse callback is not called, at least not in the DE market. I can validate the purchase the following way: - Try the purchase again, Amazon will complain with "already bought" but calls the onPurchaseResponse with ALREADY_PURCHASED, luckily I unlock the app in this way, too. - Restart my app. The purchase history contains the item and the app is unlocked. That the Amazon App doesn't call my purchase callback after purchase, but after "already purchased" seems to be like a bug of the app store to me but I doubt this because millions of people should have problems. I have at least one customer that could buy the app without problems though, but its the US market. I register the callback right at startup and never unregister it. Weird. Any tips? Best, Nils
10 |5000

Eric@Amazon avatar image
Eric@Amazon answered
Hi N. Schneider, Sorry for the late response. To protect your privacy, please logon to DevPortal and then submit a ContactUs with the details of your app so we can investigate further. https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/contact/contact-us Thanks
10 |5000