question

Pankaj avatar image
Pankaj asked

FPS/ASP vs IAP

Hello Guys, I got an email from Amazon informing me about the retirement of Amazon Flexible Payments Service (FPS) / Amazon Simple Pay (ASP) payment methods. I use IAP 2.0 in my app to purchase monthly/yearly subscriptions. I don't have much knowledge about either FPS or APS. As far as I've read I came to understand that those payment methods are for web based products. What I want to ask is if FPS/ASP are in any way linked with IAP 2.0 and their retirement will affect my app? Thanks,
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Pankaj avatar image
Pankaj answered
Guys from Amazon, I'm stuck. Please reply!
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Pankaj, FPS and ASP are not related to the In-App Purchasing SDK. According to the Flexible Payments Service (FPS) and Amazon Simple Pay (ASP) End of Life FAQ at : https://payments.amazon.com/help/201626250 You get emailed by us if you have used either Flexible Payments Service or Amazon Simple Pay within the last year for your website payments. You will need to migrate that over to Login And Pay with Amazon prior to June 1 2015 in order to continue processing payments on your site through Amazon. However, this will not in any way impact your apps that use In-App Purchasing 2.0 for mobile apps.
10 |5000