question

Jason Maltzen avatar image
Jason Maltzen asked

"Your app or game has not implemented an Observer..."?

My latest build is now receiving this error in the Live App Testing service console, even though I haven't changed the IAP implementation in quite a while. The full error is: | Issue: Incorrect Usage of IAP | Your app or game has not implemented an Observer corresponding to an IAP Purchase that you have initiated. This could lead to failed purchases. Going over my code, I'm definitely registering a PurchasingListener via PurchasingService.registerListener during onCreate(), and IAP seems to be working during testing. The error message mentioning "Observer" makes me wonder if somehow the automated compatibility test was mistakenly reverted to checking for IAP 1.0 "observers" instead of the 2.0 "listeners".
iap
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WangChao@Amazon avatar image
WangChao@Amazon answered
Hello, We are checking this now. In the meantime, could you please change the receiver element of your AndroidManifest.xml then try again? Thanks.                       
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason Maltzen answered
Making that change (moving permission from the receiver to the action inside the intent filter) results in a warning that the "Exported receiver does not require permission". Since it's just a warning, I'll try pushing a build to Live App Testing with that change and let you know the result once it has finished processing.
10 |5000

Jason Maltzen answered
Follow-up: with that change, the Live App Testing gives me the same result of "Incorrect Usage of Amazon IAP. Your game or app has not implemented an Observer corresponding to an IAP Purchase that you have initiated."
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered
Thanks for the followup. So while we are working on this, could you please tell us if IAP works in the Live App Testing of your app? Thanks.
10 |5000

WangChao@Amazon answered
So this error is caused by the absence of invocation of com.amazon.device.iap.PurchasingService.notifyFulfillment() method in your app. We will be working on the message wording for sure.
10 |5000

Adrian Pasarica avatar image
Adrian Pasarica answered
I try to submit an update for my app and I got this error when using the App Testing Service to validate the apk. Issue : Incorrect usage of Amazon IAP Your app or game has not implemented receiver component or mandatory API calls corresponding to an IAP Purchase that you have initiated. This could lead to failed purchases. Apps and games submitted to the Amazon Mobile App Distribution Portal are subject to further review. I am using IAP v1.0. Can this be the cause of the problem? Are we forced to migrate to IAP v2.0 ?
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, You are not forced to migrate to IAP v2.0 if you have already implemented v1.0 in your app. The error message you are seeing indicates that there may be an issue in how you are receiving the calls from the IAP service, and that could lead to purchases not working successfully. You should use the SDK tester and Live app testing to make sure there are no issues with your implementation. SDK Tester: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/apis/earn/in-app-purchasing/docs/testing-iap Live App Testing: https://developer.amazon.com/public/resources/development-tools/live-app-testing -Nick
10 |5000

refael-n avatar image
refael-n answered
Hi, I also have a problem uploading the app to Amazon appstore, I've implemented the Amazon in-app code (got assisted with the Amazon sample code). I've downloaded the App Tester and the buyings was successfully, so I don't really realise what is the problem, I'm getting the error: "Issue : Incorrect usage of Amazon IAP Your app or game has not implemented receiver component or mandatory API calls corresponding to an IAP Purchase that you have initiated. This could lead to failed purchases." I'm using 'in-app-purchasing-2.0.61.jar'. Can you please help me, I need to upload an app for a customer ASAP... Thanks in advance, Refael.
10 |5000

runninwater avatar image
runninwater answered
Hello, I met the same question, how do you solve
10 |5000

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Hi, Have you implemented the purchase fulfillment process? While the IAP flow will work without it, our system will not know whether your app actually delivered the IAP item, which can lead to issues down the road. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000