question

Carlos avatar image
Carlos asked

Crash while using SDK

I am using ConnectSDK to talk to the FireTV and I saw the crash below on my logs. At this time my phone was a in a different subnet than the FireTV, the FireTV is on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet and the phone on 192.168.2.xxx. E/WhisperLink﹕ DiscoveryUtil - Failed to obtain device information for :Device(friendlyName:Nexus 5_8a84 (LGE Android), uuid:A636205A00BC6E6B709FF36CD8911FD7, deviceType:0, routes:{inet=Route(ipv4:192.168.2.4, unsecurePort:35413, securePort:43020)}). Adding to failed devices list com.amazon.whisperlink.exception.WPTException: Remote service can't be found or started. at com.amazon.whisperlink.transport.TWhisperLinkTransport.getWPTExceptionByErrorCode(TWhisperLinkTransport.java:1434) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Connection.throwUsingResponseCode(Connection.java:785) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Connection.doConnectOnce(Connection.java:667) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Connection.doConnect(Connection.java:538) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Connection.doConnect(Connection.java:493) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.Connection.connect(Connection.java:337) at com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android.explorers.util.DiscoveryUtil.exchangeServicesAndGetDeviceServices(DiscoveryUtil.java:142) at com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android.explorers.JmdnsServiceManager.exchangeDeviceServices(JmdnsServiceManager.java:234) at com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android.explorers.JmdnsServiceManager.propagateChanges(JmdnsServiceManager.java:199) at com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android.explorers.JmdnsServiceManager.processServiceResolved(JmdnsServiceManager.java:167) at com.amazon.whisperlink.core.android.explorers.JmdnsServiceListener$1.run(JmdnsServiceListener.java:107) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.TaskExecutor$Task.doRun(TaskExecutor.java:495) at com.amazon.whisperlink.util.TaskExecutor$Task.run(TaskExecutor.java:472) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1112) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:587) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
amazon fling
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for posting. You said that you saw this crash in your logs, but did the actual application crash? If so, was this easily reproducible, or completely random? If you could provide some more information on the issue including repro steps, that would be greatly appreciated. Regardless, you may see some exceptions in the log that do not lead to a crash. They are simply exceptional situations, which are handled in the engine. There is a chance the log you have attached is of such an exception and does not point to any crash. If you have a chance to capture more logs, we would like more logs for the investigation. Thanks! Jamie
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Carlos avatar image
Carlos answered
I have seen that crash only in the logs with an application crash. I do not know how to reproduce it, happens rarely but it happens. Sorry for the late reply but for some reason I don't get any notification about replies to my posts in this forum. Message was edited by: Carlos
10 |5000