question

A. T. Stolk avatar image
A. T. Stolk asked

PC distribution requirements

Hi, My PC game got rejected for not using an installer. It was a zip file where the binary runs as is, without installing. Ok, so the requirement is an installer, also mentioned in faq. So I make an .MSI file and upload that to the portal. I was surprised to find that the latter submission was rejected again, for the same reason: Not using an installer. Huh? .msi is not an installer? What constitutes an acceptable installer? Double click the file I uploaded to the portal, and it will install. I don't see the problem. Bram
amazon appstore
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Stolk, In order to reach the team that provides support on PC/Mac based app submissions, please raise a ContactUs ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) and be sure to select "Application Submission - PC & Mac" from the drop down. The team managing the PC & Mac based apps will respond via that channel, and does not currently monitor these forums. Thank you.
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.