question

J��rn Buitink avatar image
J��rn Buitink asked

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]

I try to implement Fire Phone Widgets using a Amazon Kindle Fire HDX. SidePanelLayout works for me, so I don't think my setup is wrong. But as soon as I add " " to my manifest file, the app won't install anymore: "Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY]"
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello, Just to check, when you are doing this do you have the API Simulator installed on your Kindle Fire Tablet at the time that you are attempting to install the App you are building for Fire Phone? Make sure to follow the " Install AmazonPlatform.apk on Your Stock Android Device or Emulator" steps for your tablet prior to attempting to deploy the APK file via ADB. For more information, our documentation follows: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/using-the-api-simulator-tool#Install%20AmazonPlatform.apk%20on%20Your%20Stock%20Android%20Device%20or%20Emulator
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.