question

Kenneth Stallworth avatar image
Kenneth Stallworth asked

The Side Panel example

I'm have six errors for the SidePanel example that I can't seem to figure out! I'm using Android Studio and I don't know where there error is in this example. Can anyone help? I know the error is in main.xml but that's all I know. I tried adding attributes to the strings.xml file and that doesn't seem to work. Error:(5, -1) android-apt-compiler: [SidePanels] C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-studio1\sdk\add-ons\addon-amazon_fire_phone_sdk_addon-amazon-17\samples\SidePanels\res\layout\main.xml:5: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'clipToPanel' in package 'com.example.amazon.sidepanels'
fire phone
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kenneth Stallworth answered
here's the main.xml file
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Kenneth, It looks like you have not imported the ENTIRE Samples directory, just the individual sample project(s). To resolve just delete everything and import again selecting the entire Samples folder, this includes the common build.gradle file (this contains the classpath you are missing: 'com.amazon.device.tools.build:gradle:0.12.+ as well as a few other resources that are also needed) For more information, please follow the instructions at: https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/viewing-sample-apps
10 |5000

Kenneth Stallworth answered
I get this error after doing what you suggested AssertionError: @amazon:style/Theme.Amazon.Dark: @amazon:style/Theme.Amazon.Dark and some sort of gradle error IllegalArgumentException: Invalid SortKey: Invalid SortKey
10 |5000

Kevin@Amazon avatar image
Kevin@Amazon answered
Hi Kenneth, This is part of the Fire Phone SDK Add-on. Make sure you have added the add-on site properly and take a look at your SDK path, if you have not done this properly you will get the error you have noted. https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/devices/fire-phone/docs/setup
10 |5000

Saneesh avatar image
Saneesh answered
Kenneth, Did you solve this issue? I am also getting same error.
10 |5000

Saneesh avatar image
Saneesh answered
Hi Kevin, I am getting following errors when use SidePanelLayout in xml file error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'leftPanel' in package 'amazon' activity_native_articles_amazon.xml error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'content' in package 'amazon' activity_native_articles_amazon.xml error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'rightPanel' in package 'amazon' activity_native_articles_amazon.xml error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'clipToPanel' in package 'amazon' activity_native_articles_amazon.xml I can access everything else from fire phone SDK. Even i can set these attributes from java code. Can you please help me to resolve the issue?
10 |5000

Saneesh avatar image
Saneesh answered
Resolved - Moved to Android studio We cannot use Eclipse for accessing amazon xml resources. This what Amazon say in their website "Note: Applications that need to compile with Amazon XML resources are not supported in Eclipse, and require use of the Gradle plugin."
10 |5000