question

George Koski avatar image
George Koski asked

Different APKs for each new Kindle Fire?

My understanding is that I can submit different APKs for the new Kindle Fire devices. I currently have 12 apps in the amazon market. Should I submit a new version for each app....and then will I be given a chance to submit a distinct APK for each device in the binary file submission process? That's my understanding but i want to make sure I'm correct. Alternatively, i'd like to just submit new APKs for the new devices (and not resubmit the app) but I'm not sure if I can do that. Thanks for your help
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Yes, you can submit different APKs for the news devices, even if you have submitted APKs for the current device.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chirag@Amazon avatar image
Chirag@Amazon answered
If you would like to take advantage of the Device Targeting feature by building new APKs for the Fire HD and new Fire, you will still need to upload an appropriate APK for the Original Fire and non-Amazon Android devices. If you only add APKs (binaries) for the new Amazon devices to your update, you will no longer be supporting the other device types—customers on Original Fire and non-Amazon android devices will not see be able to download your app in the store. Please be sure your updated APKs target all device types. Device Targeting currently allows for up to 4 individual APKs that can target non-Amazon Android devices, Original Fire, Fire, and Fire HD 7”. We will soon add the capability to add a 5th APK for Fire HD 8.9”. Please be mindful of versionCode and versionName requirements when building your APKs: https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html#DeviceTargeting

E. Gonenc avatar image
E. Gonenc answered
@Chirag, I didn't check the new binary section yet... but can I do something like that? One APK for non-amazon,original fire & new fire (assuming it'll have the same screen densitiy + pixel size) 2nd APK for Fire HD both versions... Our art assets are suitable for this and I'm planning to submit an app update for HD consideration very soon...

Chirag@Amazon avatar image
Chirag@Amazon answered
Hi EG, Yes, you absolutely can do that. Looking forward to the app submissions, Chirag@Amazon