question

lauratallardy avatar image
lauratallardy asked

Will the language/translations be checked for functionality?

Hey there- I just submitted a new Kindle Fire binary with 8 languages. It selects the correct language on the Android phone I was testing, but was unable to switch the Kindle Fire's device language to check (but the FAQ mentioned if it worked in Android it'll work fine on Fire). I included a note to the review staff that it had the new languages. Will the language swapping functionality be checked during the testing phase? Not the grammar or anything, of course, but to make sure say, Chinese comes up with the device is set to Chinese? Thank you!
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Yeah, the language swapping functionality will be checked during testing phase. We do make sure that the app works fine for all submitted languages. If you need more information specific to your app please raise a ContactUs( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html) with us.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lauratallardy answered
Excellent, thanks so much! I'm really excited about the international expansion of the Amazon App Store- can't wait to get my translated app approved and out into Europe! :)
10 |5000

lauratallardy answered
I have a followup question: Will the app rankings be separated by country or will all international stats count cumulatively towards the rankings? Like if I'm hot in Italy, would I turn up as hot in France too, or do I have to climb the ranks for each individual country? Thanks! :)
10 |5000

StephenC@Amazon avatar image
StephenC@Amazon answered
Each market has their own app rankings, which is a good thing :)
10 |5000