question

nightmarecove avatar image
nightmarecove asked

Device Target NOT to HD but allowing HD purchase?

Hi, I released my first app last week, Nightmare Cove, and I selected device targeting of Kindle Fire 1st gen and Kindle Fire. I deliberately did not select Kindle Fire HD, because my webview graphics don't come out right (yet). I'm working on that version now. However, I just heard back from an unhappy customer that they bought it on their Kindle Fire HD which they say the game was listed as compatible with. I checked my binary submission and indeed it does not say HD. How could this happen? What do I need to do to ensure that no other customers are misled? Thanks, Peter Vaughan
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Dixith@Amazon avatar image
Dixith@Amazon answered
Thank you for bringing this into our attention. As you mentioned , selecting the platform in the Distribution portal is the correct way to express a preference for availability. If the current compatibility is not what you intended, please file a request to notify us, and we can correct the app catalog entry. Sorry for the inconvenience.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.