question

jhample avatar image
jhample asked

Prestitial Ads

My submission just failed for an error that occurs after the prestitial ad pops up. For non-Amazon devices I got a super helpful "Displays bad graphics". What does that even mean? Was it displaying the wrong resolution? Was the aspect ratio wrong? Was everything pixelated? Or did they just not like the quality of the art? "Displays bad graphics" means absolutely nothing. For Amazon devices I was told the app exits to the home screen when the ad is closed. My question is... How am I supposed to test and fix these issues when you are the ones that ad these ads to the app. I have no way of testing this. On my end the app plays just fine. But I have no ads on my end because it is not live in the store. So what am I supposed to do to fix this issue that I can not possibly reproduce on my end?
amazon appstoreamazon underground
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jhample avatar image
jhample answered
Any ideas on this yet...? I'm just going to keep blindly fixing nothing and submitting to see what works.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ellen@amazon avatar image
Ellen@amazon answered
Thank you for posting in the forums. Please note that since these are public forums, we do not discuss the details of specific applications to protect your personal and proprietary information. Please reach out to us via our Contact Us form ( https://developer.amazon.com/help/contactus.html ) while signed into your Amazon developer's account. This will allow us to validate your identity and discuss app specific information in a context that will not expose your personal and proprietary information. Thanks!
10 |5000

jhample avatar image
jhample answered
Ok, but in any case the question of testing the ads is something you should be able to address publicly. It requires no information on my app, and applies to all submissions. We need a way to test any effects your ads have on the usability of our apps.
10 |5000