question

Aaron Pulkka avatar image
Aaron Pulkka asked

Mysterious Crash App Rejection and No Reply from Amazon

We have one Unity-based app which has been submitted for review multiple times (starting in October) and rejected each time, after about one week of review, for immediately crashing after launching. Every time a different device is reported, yet we have tested on each of these devices and cannot reproduce the reported crash bug. We have also released on Google Play and see customers using the same devices and not reporting any errors. I have reached out several times over the past few weeks through the "Contact Us" link requesting additional information, but not received any reply whatsoever. Our other Unity-based app was reviewed and approved for sale within just a few days, so we know it should work as we are following the same process. There must be something happening to the APK we are submitting, perhaps a DRM conflict with an SDK we are using (like GREE for instance) that is not in our other app. However, without some additional information beyond "1. Launch the application, 2. Observe the error message, ?Unfortunately, [appname] has stopped.?", we cannot hope to resolve the issue. Once again, we have tested on the same hardware and never see this message. We have tried various things to see if it might help, but we are shooting in the dark. Please advise, or provide different contact instructions. Thanks.
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Thank you for your post. Your Contactus has been taken care. Message was edited by: Anshul@Amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aaron Pulkka answered
Thank you for your reply. While the issue still has not been resolved, I appreciate finally receiving a reply to my ContactUs messages and the crash log files you sent which further helped isolate the issue. It is important to note that the crash still does not happen for us and the logs make it clear our APK has been modified somehow after uploading. I look forward to finding a resolution.
10 |5000

Aaron Pulkka answered
Just wanted to follow up and say thank you, the issue has now been resolved and our app is online. Because we are using third-party APIs (like Facebook and Twitter), we needed the Amazon support team to enable the option for us to upload an unsigned binary, download the Amazon signed binary, then re-sign with our key. Once these options were made available, the mysterious crash bugs disappeared and our app was approved for release. Thanks!
10 |5000

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi, its great to hear. Thank you.
10 |5000

prabhu006 avatar image
prabhu006 answered
Hi, Is this a standard procedure for all apps? I am planning to submit an application next week which uses Facebook, Twitter4j, a native video player and some other 3rd party libs. Also can you please tell me what is the normal review time once I submit the app?
10 |5000

Sachin@Amazon avatar image
Sachin@Amazon answered
Hi, Our testing and review process turnaround times vary depending on the type of app and the type of test plan that it requires. We will let you know if there are any issues, and will notify you when your app is ready for publishing.
10 |5000