question

hoangpham avatar image
hoangpham asked

How to enter keywords into the Description?

Hi all, Right now, when I enter keywords with space separated by comma, Amazon automatically separates the whole thing into multiple single words In the description page it says: "Keywords Search terms used to increase the discoverability of your app. Use a comma or white space to separate your terms." I wonder how to build keywords that has spaces in them? for example, my app: "UK Newspapers Plus", I want the whole phase to be the keyword to search, or "UK News", not separately, "UK" and "News". I have not imagined how to do that. Or is it a bug? Thanks,
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Hoangpham, We appreciate your interest in search enhancements for discovering your content. We recently had a great blog post that included some great tips to utilize: http://www.amazonappstoredev.com/2011/03/choosing-the-right-keywords-for-your-app.html Also, stay tuned for future communications from the blog, and email, on additional tools for optimizing your discoverability.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hoangpham avatar image
hoangpham answered
Hi Sujoy, I think it's a BUG in the system. I copy the example keyword into the Keywords section of the Description, "Expense Tracking, Currency Conversion, Expense Report, VAT, Calculator, Business, Travel, Spreadsheet Export" and it automatically separates into: "Business, Calculator, Conversion, Currency, Expense, Export, Report, Spreadsheet, Tracking, Travel, VAT" As I mentioned earlier, I don't want to have those terms as separated words. I want the whole terms to be the keywords to search. Please fix the BUG! THANKS,
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Noted. I have forwarded this to the appropriate team for further action. I will get back to you after hearing from him.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Hoangpham, Thank you for your patience. We will fix the issue in future. I can not commit ETA for at this moment.
10 |5000