question

hneilk avatar image
hneilk asked

Icon sash

The sash is provided by Amazon for different icon sizes, but those at the smaller sizes (below 96px) have blurry text. This is understandable - the small text in the sash cannot be displayed crisply when there are fewer pixels to play with. However, two of my underground app submissions were not initially approved because the sash text appeared blurry on lower resolution devices (Kindle Fire HD, 6" and 7"). Can you tell your app reviewers that the text is blurry on lower resolution devices by design. This would save considerable time in the overall app submission process as the app would not have to be resubmitted with an explanation that the sash provided by Amazon is blurry and there's nothing developers can do about it.
amazon appstoreamazon underground
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jordan stone avatar image
jordan stone answered
I had some luck using this contact method: https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/contact/contact-us they went in by hand and approved one of the apps they kept rejecting based on the sash, and now they are reviewing the other one. I too had kept putting messages into the submission, but I never seem to have gotten a human pair of eyeballs using that method.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Clayton W avatar image
Clayton W answered
We have the same problem (our app was approved today).
10 |5000

jordan stone avatar image
jordan stone answered
I am having a similar problem (they keep saying I don't even have the "actually free" sashes applied, which is incorrect). did you just keep resubmitting your app and they eventually approved it? are there any tricks involved?
10 |5000

hneilk avatar image
hneilk answered
We included comments in the "Instructions to reviewers" box on the binary tab to the effect that the sash we were using is the approved one supplied by Amazon.
10 |5000

Clayton W avatar image
Clayton W answered
Yes, we also included the same comments. But failed again. I know that they are busy with all Underground issues but I also sent them a question using the support form - no answer yet. Amazon should resolve this.
10 |5000