question

coolappssoftware avatar image
coolappssoftware asked

Trying to meet Developer Select requirements, manifest HD settings issues

Goal: - I am trying to make my 2-year-old generic Android app meet the requirements for the Amazon Developer Select program. - My app is a full-screen custom 2D graphics UI component/app (analog clock w/draggable hands for elementary kids) - see links at bottom - My app robustly scales *everything* for any resolution and so works for very small through very large screen sizes - I believe that one Developer Select requirement is to declare in my manifest file that my app supports xhdpi but want my app to be listed for ALL devices API 9 and higher (don't want it filtered out) My problem: I cannot seem to get my project to build using the compatible-screens XML tag which was supposed to be valid at API level 9. Error messages: - Multiple annotations found at this line - No resource identifier found for attribute 'screenDensity' - No resource identifier found for attribute 'screenSize' Relevant manifest file excerpts: --> I get the above error messages for all 16 lines above. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much for any assistance! I have spent hours on this:( My external-to-store app web page: https://sites.google.com/site/coolappssoftware/products/cool-clock My app's Amazon store web page: http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Creamer-Cool-Apps-Software/dp/B0064CILK4/ref=sr_1_2?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1387601982&sr=1-2&keywords=cool+clock
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Coolappssoftware, Thank you for writing to us. You do not have to anything technical with your app because the live version of your app is qualified for Amazon Developer Select program. All the best.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

coolappssoftware avatar image
coolappssoftware answered
Thank you, Sujoy@Amazon! That's great news, but I would still like to see an example manifest file which correctly supports all Kindles (xhdpi) for the next app I create. But no hurry as the holidays are now upon us:) Thank you again for your reply!
10 |5000