question

Ankit Agrawal avatar image
Ankit Agrawal asked

App was rejected last time due to missing overflow menu on Kindle 3 Gen

Our app was rejected last time due to the missing overflow menu button on soft key bar on Kindle 3 gen devices. But we don't use that in button in our app and if they see it on any device and tap they will see the settings popup of our game(To make sure that those buttons are responsive) I have tried the steps written here to show the overflow menu on the soft key bar on Kindle 3 Gen but it didn't work for me. https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/solutions/devices/kindle-fire/app-development/03--soft-key-bar#Overflow%20Menu I don't need that button in my game but I am afraid that next time I submit my app Amazon will reject it again. Can you tell you how to fix that issue or assure us that it won't be rejected next time because of this issue.
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
We have checked your app and your app shows overflow menu button (in softkey area) in 2nd Gen devices where as it does not show same on 3rd gen devices. Since you do not want the button in your app we could suggest you to make following changes. 1. Remove requestWindowFeature(Window.FEATURE_NO_TITLE) from your main activity. 2. Declare targetSdkVersion> 10 in the the manifest.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ankit Agrawal avatar image
Ankit Agrawal answered
Both changes are already there in the application. Do you think submitted APK next time will not face any rejection?
10 |5000