question

Movie Buffer avatar image
Movie Buffer asked

That HD screenshot thing

I went through a run around with support emails on the "lack of HD screenshot" for "developer preferred." What was finally determined was that ONLY HD screenshots should be listed (contrary to the instructions). So I removed the other non HD screen shots. HOWEVER, if I go to "submit" it wants a new binary? This has nothing to do with the binary and seems to be a further flaw in the process.
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sanyu avatar image
Sanyu answered
Sorry for the issue you ran into in submitting your app. When updating images you shouldn't need to submit a new binary. Were you able to get past this hurdle?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Movie Buffer answered
No, it gets stuck as if a new binary is needed. Is there some different approach once the screenshots have been updated?
10 |5000

Movie Buffer answered
To be clearer the console shows "Not Submitted" but any of the screens including the screen shot screen shows "Submit" greyed out. There was a post mentioning that the app store scours apps for these kind of updates but that it was broken and maybe not yet fixed?
10 |5000

DougM@Amazon avatar image
DougM@Amazon answered
Hello Movie Buffer, In order to update non-app binary portions of your submission, you can edit and submit your current 'Live' application instead. Also, for new version submissions, they will always require a binary file, and release notes to speak to what has changed between the current live version of the app and what you are submitting for review.
10 |5000