question

Bart Berry avatar image
Bart Berry asked

My Apps Need to Be Transferred

Amazon seems to have no documentation or process for Transferring apps. I just sold quite a few of my apps and now need to get them transferred from this account and also my other account. I have sent in multiple requests. One time I got something that said I needed to submit it to two different email addresses they gave. I sent what they requested in to both. One email bounced!?!? The other I guess got through but have not heard anything in two weeks. Please someone tell what I need to send in to where to get this done. Nothing is working and it's been 3 weeks now. The contact form for amazon is a big mystery as I don't know where to send this request in. Surely there are other people who need to transfer apps? PLEASE HELP.
fire tabletsubmission testing distribution
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Please submit a formal notice of assignment of ownership from [Company Name] to [Company Name] via email to both apps-notices@amazon.com and contracts-legal@amazon.com. This notice must be signed by both parties represented in the notice (documents must be signed, scanned and sent via email). Once this request is received, reviewed and accepted by our legal team, transfer of applications from [Company Name] to [Company Name] will be initiated. Please note that as a result of this transfer: The current app owner, [Company Name], will accrue Earnings up to and including the date and time of the transfer: • receive and maintain Earnings Reports on all months up to the date and time of the transfer • lose access to all Sales Reporting data on the transferred ASIN. • lose all app ratings The new app owner, [Company Name], will: • accrue Earnings from the date and time of transfer onward • receive and maintain Earnings Reports on all months from the date and time of the transfer onward • gain access to Sales Reporting data on the transferred ASIN from the date and time of the transfer onward (no historical data prior to that point). • for Game Circle: Apps that get transferred o leaderboards, achievements etc are not transferred if they are included within the app. Transferred app will not be able to use GameCircle going forward due to: • Security Profiles are not associated - GC, ADM and LWA (Login With Amazon) etc. will no longer function for new app with existing Security Profiles. Transferred app will no longer to associate ANY Security Profile, or any API that needs a Security Profile. • Mobile Ads reporting will no longer function for the new developer account - reports will no longer function for the app. • Developers will no longer be able to update a transferred app for existing users as the app signature will be changed - this is an Android subsystem requirement. • If the original developer name is part of the packageName of the app, note that International App Stores will pick up this metadata and display the app in searches for app stores other than the US. PS: We have recently discovered an issue with our app transfer process. Unfortunately, until this issue is resolved, we will not be able to process app transfers from one developer account to another. We will update you on this. Thanks.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

salemweb avatar image
salemweb answered
What is the expected time frame for getting the transfer process fixed? When the process is working what is the usual turnaround time from request to execution? Thank you
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
Officially, I can not comment on the ETA for the fix. We would inform you through the ContactUs cases that you have filed for transferring the app once the issue is fixed. Thanks.
10 |5000

Pedro avatar image
Pedro answered
Is it fixed already? I tried sending an email to the mentioned address about 1 week ago and still didnt get an answer if the process is working or not. I need to transfer an app and if it's not working I will just unpublish it from Amazon store. Best
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon answered
We are apologized for the inconvenience. We are actively working on the issue. I will update this thread once the issue has been resolved.
10 |5000

salemweb avatar image
salemweb answered
Any change to this? We are still waiting to get this resolved.
10 |5000

Jesus avatar image
Jesus answered
any news????
10 |5000

Danial Goodwin avatar image
Danial Goodwin answered
Hi, I am also interested transferring Amazon apps. Do you need more people to actively post in order to get this bumped up? Thanks, - Danial -
10 |5000

Melody avatar image
Melody answered
Hi Daniel, Thanks for posting in the forums. We see that you have also created a "Contact Us" case about your situation. Please await a response via email on that case. Thanks again!
10 |5000

monocube avatar image
monocube answered
Do you have any template of such "notice of assignment" document? Thank you.
10 |5000