question

spacepixel avatar image
spacepixel asked

Multiple device submission-acceptance

I recently updated my KindleFire HD app and on re-submitting it I ticked it as runnable on the newer HDX devices. Soon after I received word from Amazon that the app had passed all tests on all devices and was ready for submission. This I did, after a couple of weeks however my 4 and 1/2 Star rating had dropped. Checking the reviews I found 2 people who complained that the controls stopped working, therefore scoring it low. After hundreds of satisfied Kindle FireHD buyers this could only mean that newer devices were finding something wrong. Firstly, why aren't these customers encouraged to mail the devs with such problems and put it to them along with relevant machine specs? I re-wrote the control section of code to *hopefully* take into account all screen resolutions and re-submitted ( I say hopefully as I have no access to the newer Kindle Fires for testing) All tests were passed, I re-submitted and although sales are down (thanks to a 3 star rating) there have been no further complaints and no refund requests. So I'd like to ask; are submissions tested beyond the loading screen, as my app became problematical after a few seconds gameplay on the newer machines. Is it possible to get the app tested on an actual HDX device? If all is now well can I ask that these reviews are taken down as they would no longer bear any relation to the apps, if the apps are fully working? I opened a case on the subject of the reviews but got an unsatisfactory answer, I'd appreciate an open answer to these points as this would benefit other devs who have similar queries. Thank you.
amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Spacepixel, Can you provide us the case id? Since it's an app specific issue, we would reply through the ContactUs case you raised.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

spacepixel avatar image
spacepixel answered
Sure, it's Case 144871061. As things stand my app is still selling to a mixture of Kindle Fire machines and I've had no more complaints or bad reviews so I *hope* the glitch is fixed. But if it is I still have two negative reviews marking the app down for said glitch. Thanks.
10 |5000

Sujoy@Amazon avatar image
Sujoy@Amazon answered
Hi Spacepixel, I can not see any user review for your app. Were those already deleted?
10 |5000