question

Mobiata avatar image
Mobiata asked

Problem with Maps on 8.9" emulator (beta) ?

I have an app that utilizes Amazon Maps API. On the Kindle Fire HD 7" emulator, and on a physical Kindle Fire HD, this app works just fine. However, installing the same APK on the 8.9" emulator, I get errors that appear to be Maps API related. Everywhere that I refer to one of the Amazon Maps API classes, I get the following type of output in LogCat: 10-24 16:24:13.958: W/dalvikvm(958): Unable to resolve superclass of Lcom/example/myapp/MyMapActivity; (628) 10-24 16:24:13.958: W/dalvikvm(958): Link of class 'Lcom/example/myapp/MyMapActivity;' failed Note that "MyMapActivity" in this example extends com.amazon.geo.maps.MapActivity. Message was edited by: Mobiata
fire tablet
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon avatar image
Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Mobiata, We are following up on this and we will get back to you once we got an update. Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Samuel@Amazon answered
Hi Mobiata, Before building your app, in the AndroidManifest.xml file, do the following: 1) In the manifest element, add the attribute xmlns:amazon=" http://schemas.amazon.com/apk/res/android". 2) In the application element, add the child element . The setting android:required="false" assumes that your application gracefully degrades when the Amazon Maps library runtime is unavailable. 3) Request android.permission.INTERNET to download map tiles. An app that uses locations or uses the MyLocationOverlay class must also request android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION and android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION. For more information on building and testing your app for Amazon Maps, please refer to - https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/maps/building.html Please let us know if you face any issue. Thank you.

Mobiata avatar image
Mobiata answered
Yep, that appears to have been the problem. Strange that it works fine on a 7" emulator and device even without that line in the manifest. Oh well. Thanks!

Samuel@Amazon answered
Great :)